Casa de Abbades
Casa de Abbades
- Accommodation registered in the official tourism site.
4 - 12 places - 36.25€ / person per night (approx.)
Rua do Paço, 81 - 4990-640 Gandra (Ponte de Lima)
Gandra, (Ponte de Lima), Viana do Castelo (Porto, Norte e Alto Douro, Portugal)
(00351) 258 948 227 - 963 848 717 - 963 848 747
Capacity and prices
- Alambique (Sala+Cozinha) (4 places): 1 twin room, 1 double room, 1 bathroom
- Planta 1ª / First Floor (4 places): 1 twin room, 1 double room, 1 sofa bed, 1 extra bed, 1 bathroom, 1 WC
- Planta baja / Ground Floor (4 places): 1 twin room, 1 double room, 1 sofa bed, 1 extra bed, 1 bathroom, 1 WC
- Outside: Garden, Barbecue, Vegetable garden, Terrace, Swimming pool, Garden furniture, Car-parking facilities.
- Inside: Selection of games, DVD or video, Washing machine, Microwave, Heating, Dining room, Rooms with en-suite bathroom, Kitchen, Fireplace, Television, Library, Lounge.
- Services: Internet access, Pets allowed, Laundry service, Breakfast available, Cot available, Information about the area, Dinner service, Babysitting, Local products on sale, Farm activities, free WiFi access.
- Languages: French, English, Portuguese, Galician, Spanish.
- Situation: Mountains, Tarmac entrance, Outside the village, Signposted, Access by public transport.
Others: all the apartments have wireless Internet access. - The swimming pool: this is in the centre of a large lawn with swings for children, overlooking a lovely vineyard, green fields and hundred-year-old trees. - The garden: outdoors, the climate is very peaceful and calm, where you can enjoy the beauties of nature in its most natural state. - The chapel: this was commissioned by the first owner of the house back in the 18th century, and is in honour of Our Lady da Vitória, installing respect and announcing the presence of a manor house.
see more Photos(36)
The owner´s comments
Situated in the north of Portugal, in the green region of Miño, a gateway to the Peneda-Gerés National Park (15 min away). Casa de Abbades is accessible by motorway from the Spanish border (20 min away). Dedicated to tourism since 1979, Casa de Abbades offers its guests: - Two apartments with two double rooms in each (4 people) - One apartment with two double rooms (4 people) - One T1 apartment (2 people) The stay includes a homemade breakfast served in each accommodation, daily cleaning service, firewood for the fireplaces, access to the gardens and swimming pools. Meals are served in the main house, in the apartments, in the garden or in the swimming pool, by prior booking. There is also an ancient distillery which has been renovated and transformed into a comfortable apartment, with a delightful added touch: a private garden, with the surrounding wall and a large granite table where you can have your meals or spend a lovely summer evening chatting to friends under a warm star lit sky. Inside, you will find two double rooms, a bathroom, kitchen and sittingroom, with electric heating in all the rooms. The inside of each of these accommodations has been adapted to modern day requirements, preserving the antique furniture: ironwork beds, dressing tables, old porcelain washbasins. Breakfasts are served in each apartment at the time requested by guests, and include fresh orange juice and home-made jams. We can serve dinners and organise parties for up to 50 people, by prior booking. All the firewood for the fireplaces is free of charge, courtesy of Casa de Abbades, as well as for the barbecue.
- Land: Mountain biking, Golfing, Horse riding, Gourmet routes, Hiking, Tennis.
- Sea: Canoeing - kayak, Fishing.
- Workshops: Photography, Flora and Fauna observation.
** Dinners are served in the apartments, in the garden or in the swimming pool by prior booking. - Swings and table football - Superb conditions for cycling - Traditional festivals: Ponte de Lima, Barcelos (10 and 30 minutes away)
- The Peneda Gerês National Park ( 15 km)
- Porto Wineries ( 70 km)
- Serralves Contemporary Art Museum ( 70 km)
- Santiago de Compostela ( 150 km)
- Visits to the Peneda-Gerês National Park (15 minutos away) - Beach (30 minutos away) - Visit to the Oporto Wine Caves (50 minutos away) - Serralves Contemporary Art Museum (45 minutos away) - Santiago de Compostela (90 minutos away)
How to get there?
Accommodation located in the tourist area of Minho
Casa de Abbades is situated just 20 km from the Peneda-Gerés National Park, - 40km from Spain - 80km from Oporto Airport.
Contact Casa de Abbades
Contact Casa de Abbades
In Toprural since 24/Jul/2000