Demeure Saint Vincent
Estagel, Pyrénées-Orientales (Languedoc-Roussillon, France)
Saint Vincent, a genuine and charming 18th century mansion, located the quaint village of Estagel amidst the peaceful and well-preserved environment of the Agly valley far from the crowds and the bustle of the city will provide you with a restful and enjoyable stay. Michèle and Daniel will welcome you in this « maison de maître » that they have brought back to life where some villagers still speak Catalan. From the impressive entry hall an imposing stair leads to the bedrooms which are all en-suite. You have access to a rich library with many documents about the area available in different languages.Read more
Breakfasts are served either in the patio, in the park or in the large family kitchen depending on the season. You can also enjoy the park with its two bicentennial platane trees and its many palm trees and bamboos. You will be many surprised by the number of varied activities available within a 50 km radius: Roman abbeys, Vauban fortresses, Cathare castles, prehistoric sites, picturesque villages, wine routes and wineries, sport activities ( walking, cycling, rock climbing) and of course the sea is not far. Even skiing in Font Romeu is only 60 kms away for winter season. Airport and railway station picking-up can be arranged ( 18 and 23 kms).(hide)
- Outside: Garden, Barbecue, Terrace, Garden furniture.
- Inside: Selection of games, Microwave, Heating, Dining room, Rooms with en-suite bathroom, Kitchen, Fireplace, Library, Lounge.
- Services: Internet access, Pets allowed, Breakfast available, Cot available, Information about the area, Activities for children, free WiFi access, Ecological accreditation.
- Languages: French, English, Spanish.
- Situation: Quite central, Tarmac entrance, Access by public transport, Bathing area in lake / river.
- Land: Mushroom forays, Mountain biking, Rock climbing, Horse riding, Gourmet routes, Hiking, Wine tourism.
- Sea: Canyoning, Rafting, Windsurfing, Sailing, Abseiling, Fishing.
- Air: Ultralight.
- Workshops: Flora and Fauna observation.