Rancho Santa Gerónima
Capacity and prices
- 102: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 103: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 104: 1 double room, bathroom
- 105: 1 double room, bathroom
- 107: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 101: 1 double room, bathroom
- 201: 1 double room, bathroom
- 202: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 203: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 204: 1 double room, bathroom
- 205: 1 twin room, bathroom
- 206: 1 double room, bathroom
- 207: 1 double room, bathroom
- 208: 1 double room, bathroom
- Outside: Garden, Vegetable garden, Terrace, Garden furniture, Car-parking facilities.
- Inside: Selection of games, DVD or video, Microwave, Heating, Dining room, Television in the rooms, Rooms with en-suite bathroom, Kitchen, Fireplace, Television, Library, Lounge.
- Services: Internet access, Guided walks, Breakfast available, Bike rental, Cot available, Lunch service, Dinner service, Activities for children, Local products on sale, free WiFi access.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Sign language.
- Situation: Close to the beach, Outside the village.
- For disabled people: Room suitable for the disabled.
The establishment has 14 comfortable rooms with a terrace, fully equipped bathroom, hair dryer, television and wireless Internet connection. One of them is adapted for disabled guests. - Bathroom and television in every room - Free breakfast buffet included - Wireless internet connection - Bicycle hire Sunny and overlooking the countryside, the rooms of the Rancho Santa Gerónima are in themselves an excellent place to enjoy long periods of peace and quiet, accompanied by the sounds of a purely rural environment.
see more Photos(29)
The owner´s comments
One of the most charming natural areas on the Cantabrian coast: Beaches, vast meadows, cliffs and immense green areas for enjoying walking or horse rides. Just 7 minutes' walk from the spectacular Langre beach. All the rooms are outward-facing with a terrace and there are vast open spaces. Our establishment is not far from the main places of interest such as Santander, Santillana del Mar, Cabarceno park, El Soplao Cave and the Guggenheim Museum.
- Land: Mountain biking, Golfing, Horse riding, Gourmet routes, Hiking.
- Sea: Surfing, Fishing.
- Air: Ultralight.
- Workshops: Photography, Flora and Fauna observation.
Horse riding school with an area of 2000 m2 with teaching available.
- Loredo beach
Loredo is one of the main tourist resorts in the municipality of Ribamontán al Mar, thanks to its location at one end of one of the longest beach expanses in Cantabria. Its beach is the venue for a traditional horse race on the damp sand, with the low tide attracting thousands of spectators. This is the famous Loredo Derby. Very nearby is the small beach of Los Tranquilos across from the island of Santa Marina. As Loredo is opposite Santander, many tourists staying in the capital take a boat over to Loredo, as its beaches are calmer and quieter. Loredo is home to the popular Sanctuary of Nuestra Señora de Latas, the most important piece of architecture in the municipality. Its festival takes place on 8 September and attracts many spectators, as it is a sanctuary of renowned devotion in the towns throughout the region.
- Langre beach ( 0 km)
It is around one kilometre in length at high tide and is enclosed by a 25 metre high cliff next to a tidal plain. In reality, it is divided into two stretches, one small stretch and another larger one which is accessed by climbing down steps. The furthest point is frequented by nudists. Popular with surf lovers thanks to the beach's excellent to the sea, its waves are classified as suitable for the sport, as they can reach a considerable size, but don't withstand much. Recreational diving is practised on its cliffs. With a rocky sea bed, it is home to a varied range of animal and vegetable species. However the visibility of the water for diving is similar to the rest of the Cantabrian coast, ranging from average to limited.
- Galizano beach ( 2 km)
It is situated in the town of the same name, in the municipality of Ribamontán al Mar. More specifically, it is located at the mouth of the La Canal ria, formerly the river Herrero. This beautiful, small beach, with rocks scattered in the middle and gentle cliffs embracing it, offers a peaceful space which is ideal to enjoy as a family. It isn't a beach for a lot of people and has bends for shelter from the wind, like La Playuca, it offers an unlikely place to spend a relaxing time reading and enjoying the unrivalled beauty of the waves licking the rocks of Riaño and Los Cañones. Very nearby is Cucabrera cave and its viewpoint from the top of the cliffs, with views from Santander, El Sardinero and Cabo Mayor to Santoña. The entire coast opens up an immense landscape of heavenly beauty. Beneath the cliffs there are hidden places which ooze iodine and salt residue with crabs, barnacles and other shellfish hiding under the rocks. El Nial, Fonfría, La Llera, El Vivar, Solombreras and Brenas are some of the fishing spots in Ribamontán al mar on the coast of Galizano.
- Somo ( 3 km)
A town of Ribamontán al Mar, with 1576 inhabitants and 5364 km². This is the main tourist destination in the municipality and one of the most important in the Autonomous Community. It is connected to Pedreña, in the municipality of Marina de Cudeyo, via the famous Somo Bridge. It is connected with Santander by regular boat services. The main attraction is its kilometres of beaches, with Arenal del Puntal at one end, which is an enormous expanse of dunes sweeping down into the bay. Somo boasts a seafront with beautiful views of the bay of Santander. The town offers a wide variety of services and tourist facilities. Its festival, celebrated along with Loredo and known as La Virgen de Latas, is on 8 September.
- Cabárceno ( 30 km)
Cabárceno Nature Park is situated in the valley of El Pisueño
- Santander: This is a port city and capital of the autonomous region of Cantabria, situated on the northern coast of Spain, between Asturias and the Basque Country. It borders with the municipalities of Santa Cruz de Bezana and Camargo as well as the bay to the north.
How to get there?
- GPS Coordinates: - N 43º 28,305´ - W 003º 41,702´ Take exit 197 on the Santander- Bilbao motorway and then follow the signs for Galizano. From there go towards Langre.
Contact Rancho Santa Gerónima
Contact Rancho Santa Gerónima
In Toprural since 13/Mar/2008
subscription Exclusive since 29/Nov/2012.